C6.1 What were your organization's gross global Scope 1 emissions in metric tons CO2e?
C6.3 What were your organization's gross global Scope 2 emissions in metric tons CO2e?
- Follow the directions for C5.1, adjusting the report dates to reflect those of the reporting year.
- For help determining Scope 2 location-based report year emissions (metric tons CO2e) and Scope 2 market-based report year emissions (metric tons CO2e), please contact us.
C6.5 Account for your organization's Scope 3 emissions, disclosing and explaining any exclusions.
Note: The categories listed under Sources of Scope 3 emissions (the first column of the table of this question) serve as a good starting point for categorizing Scope-3 emissions inside of Scope 5. You may find it convenient to organize your custom resources according to these groups or to use a group of tags to categorize trackers accordingly. Please contact us if you would like help adding a group of tags or organizing resources in a way that will make it easy to generate the report to answer this question.
- From the top level of the Node Navigator, select Distribution Reports.
- Click Add a New Report.
- Expand the tracker selection pane. Under the GHG Scopes filter, Select Scope-3.
- Enter the reporting dates into the Start Date and End Date fields.
- Under Data Columns select Emissions, CO2e Only as the metric in the first select box. For the units, select tonne in the select box immediately to the right.
- Other select boxes in the Data Columns section should be set to - none -.
- In the Display Options section, set Primary Grouping to -- Scope -- and Secondary Grouping to Resource Type or Tag Group (see note above).
- Name the report as appropriate (in the Title section), then click the Generate Report.
- Be sure to verify that there are no unexpected exclusions.
- Results will be presented by Scope and organized by either Resource Type or Tag Group.
- Use the CO2e number from each row in the report for each of the Sources of Scope 3 emissions (metric tons CO2e).
C6.7a Provide the emissions from biologically sequestered carbon relevant to your organization in metric tones CO2.
- Follow the directions for C5.1, except:
- In step 5, adjust the Start Date and End Date to reflect the current reporting year.
- In step 6, add a second data column for Biogenic Emissions. In the dropdown select immediately to the right, select tonne:
- Results will show a column for each gas and a column for biogenic emissions.
- Use the Biogenic Emissions (tonnes) number at the bottom of the table in the Totals row as your response to 'emissions from biologically sequestered carbon'. Note that for biogenic activities, the CO2 value is the same as the Biogenic Emissions value and is not included in the CO2e total.
C6.10 Describe your gross global combined Scope 1 and 2 emissions for the reporting year in metric tons CO2e per unit currency total revenue and provide any additional intensity metrics that are appropriate to your business operations.
This question asks for normalized results. To use Scope 5 to answer this question, any intensity trackers - such as Total Revenue (as the question asks for), Employee Count, or Facility Area - will need to be configured. View this article notes on setting up trackers or contact us for assistance.
- From the top level of the Node Navigator, select Periodic Reports.
- Click Add a New Report.
- Expand the tracker selection pane. Under the GHG Scopes filter, Select Scope-1 and Scope-2:
- Under Reporting Period, select the current reporting year for End Year and the year prior for Start Year.
- Under Data Columns, you can choose to report Location-based, Market-based or Market-indicative Scope-2 emissions. Your choice will define the answer to column 5 of this question.
- Then select Emissions, CO2e Only for the data metric and tonne as the units.
- Now select the intensity trackers you would like to include. Scroll down to expand the Normalizing Trackers pane (refer to this article for step-by-step advice on normalizing by tracker). Given that for most intensity trackers, activity will be the desired metric, apply the appropriate Activity Group filter.
- Once the normalizing trackers are selected, scroll up to choose the appropriate Intensity Denominator metric and units in the Data Columns pane. Whether the metric is revenues, number of employees, facility area or any other intensity metric that you have been tracking, Activity will likely be the choice for the Intensity Denominator. For details on charting or reporting Activity, refer to this article or contact us for help.
- Select Tracking Node or Branch Node as the Secondary Grouping (choose a grouping that makes sense based on where intensity data is tracked). Note that Scope cannot be the Primary Grouping or Secondary Grouping for intensity charts that are normalized to metrics without a greenhouse gas scope (square feet, currency, etc).
- Click Generate Report.
- At the bottom of the periodic report, find the Totals for All Records box:
- Enter the value under the most recent reporting year (the column on the far right) into the Intensity figure column in the table in C6.10 and the units in columns 2-4.
- Enter the percentage listed in the column for the current reporting year into the the sixth column in the table in C6.10 (% change from previous year). In the example above, the change is 4.71%.
- To answer the seventh column in the CDP table, reference the same percent change. Increases will be marked in red and preceded by a plus sign. Decreases will be marked in green and preceded by a minus sign.